[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 15 23:33:04 UTC 2019

Oh and it doesn't save anything anywhere except in-image. That may be a good thing for some purposes or it may be a bad thing. I tihnk it would be better saved to files in general, though I may try dumping to a postgresv3 connected database just for grins.
--------------
Installer ss
    project: 'SmaccDevelopment';
    install: 'SmaCC-lr.14.mcz'.
   " install: ‘SmaCCDev-lr.18.mcz’. <— this doesn’t appear to be needed and avoids the problem with SmalltalkImage>>#associationAt:ifAbsent:”

Installer ss
    project: 'ss2';
    install: 'TinyWiki'.

“then edit in these two methods and run the class init”
TWWiki>>initialize
    super initialize.
    self setModel: TWFolder new initializeHelp

TWWiki class>>#initialize    "self initialize"
    WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt:  #tinywiki

Start the WAWebServerAdaptor on port 8080
Browse to localhost:8080/tinywiki

The 'action buttons' are in a vertical oriented list, which looks awful; any hints on changing that would be welcome; I did compare the produced html with that for the tinywikis on squeaksource and it looked very similar. In the simple file wiki based on Ramon's blog I used  a pair of buttons within a form to get side-by-side buttons. I've no idea which might be the 'nice' way to do it. I have a horrible feeling it might involve CSS.

So that's an outline of one of the two approaches that appear practical...

tim
Oxymorons: Clearly misunderstood