[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 15 23:42:22 UTC 2019

... and the other approach outline -

"install SimpleFileWiki.st"

Installer ss
      project: 'MetacelloRepository';
      install: 'ConfigurationOfXtreams'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfXtreams) project bleedingEdge load.

"install /home/pi/DizietFS/Desktop/GoogleWikiCompiler.st"

and then the same Seaside startup/init as before.

The downside of this approach is the much, much, bigger lump of code installed by Xtreams. If, however, you want the (apparently, no personal opinion on this yet) better streaming, and if you have use fo the FFI stuff, then this may be a price worth paying. Clearly the PEGParser stuff seems a bit more expansive and perhaps more up to date than the SmaCC package.

It wouldn't take much to enable either swikipage class/package to use the other parser, of course. Both really only interface with a parser in one place.

What would seem like a really good idea to me would be getting a decent variant (by whatever definition on chooses) included in the SeaSide package(s) since  swiki is a very good demo that has real uses beyond mere demo-ness.

tim
Strange OpCodes: RDLI: Rotate Disk Left Immediate