[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-ct.851.mcz

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Fri Aug 16 12:49:43 UTC 2019

Am Fr., 16. Aug. 2019 um 14:38 Uhr schrieb Thiede, Christoph <
Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:

> > I personally see little value in having 63 ways to write a single digit
> in my Smalltalk method.
>
> But if we don't support this, we are breaking with the standards from
> NumberParser. Wouldn't this be inconsistent?

What is the objective of NumberParser? Parse numbers from arbitrary sources
of text? Then I would say it has a different scope than what is required
for the formatting placeholders.

If SqNumberParser is the one that is used to parse numbers from Smalltalk
expressions and if it supports non-ascii digits, then I wonder whether this
is really desired behavior.