[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Aug 16 17:01:05 UTC 2019

> On 2019-08-16, at 6:57 AM, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 15, 2019, at 7:33 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>> The 'action buttons' are in a vertical oriented list, which looks awful; any hints on changing that would be welcome; I did compare the produced html with that for the tinywikis on squeaksource and it looked very similar.
>
> The method that renders those links is #renderWikiActionsOn:. It collects an array from #actions and iterates over them. That’s why it's a vertical list.

That's what I thought until I looked at the html for the squeaksource wiki page and saw the same construct resulting in a horizontal row. At which point I decided that I was correct in my long held opinion that html has become a gateway to insanity.

tim
Don't diddle code to make it faster; find a better algorithm.