[squeak-dev] EToys : Problem Saving & Executing Modified Script

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Aug 19 12:43:39 UTC 2019

Hi, there.

You found two separate issues. :-)

> 5. Try Ctrl-S to save the code. :( The orange dog ear don't go away, indicating the script not saved

In your Etoys startup script, a preference got activated so that Ctrl+S does not work but Alt+S will work.

I fixed that in Etoys-mt.349.

> 6. Try executing the script; still the script don't execute.

Yes, the step-wise execution needs a more user-friendly message, not a debugger. For text-based script's, click on the clock instead to execute the script, not the play-step button.

Karl Ramberg (kfr) fixed that issue in EToys-kfr.347, which I just merged into Trunk.

Best,
Marcel