[squeak-dev] FileList - file reader registration

patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Aug 22 14:30:25 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

while cleaning up something else, I discovered that we have the file reader registration infrastructure in two places: FileServices which is the actual implementation, and on the FileList tool. The FileList implementation only forwards calls to FileServices which makes sense for compatibility reasons but at the same time clutters the interface. I would like to deprecate these methods except if someone knows a good reason (e.g. a project) which heavily relies on this (refactoring code to use FileServices just requires changing the class name, the major calls are still the same).

Bests
Patrick