[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 22 20:28:11 UTC 2019

With much helpful explanation from Levente I was able to make just enough sense of the PEG parser grammar and operation to add a horizontal rule rule, and then to factor the heading rule to count the number of $= to work out the heading level rather than having level specific tags.
Trying to do the same for lists has, however completely eluded me. And the table cells simply can't have anything other than plain-ish text in them without making stuff go very odd.

The other problem is that the code is currently really set up to use google's swiki syntax, which appears to be as dead as a very dead thing. Which means it would be nice to rework it to use some other syntax that has at least a bit of current usage. Would using Markdown with (some) github extensions suit us? Is anyone feeling conversant enough with a PEG grammar to tackle that ?

tim
Useful random insult:- One clown short of a circus.