[squeak-dev] Installer class side location methods and pbworks.com documentation

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Aug 23 18:40:03 UTC 2019

> On 2019-08-23, at 10:20 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi tim
>
>> lukas (seems to be very out of date?)
>
> essentially frozen, but why would that be invalid?
> If you want to try Lukas Renggli's stuff, that would be the go-to-location.

True, but is it still interesting enough to warrant a utility link in a system class? And it returns an empty list for
Installer lukas basicAvailablePackages
I'm not suggesting any of the repositories are junk (aside from the ones simply no longer there) but is they no longer respond to the utilities in the Installer classes then they probably shouldn't be listed therein.

>> saltypickle (no domain - but it is for sale!)
>> sophie (no domain - also for sale - whee!)
>> ssMirror (no server)
>> swasource (seems to have a squeaksource3 service but nothing in it?)
>
> It works if you know what to install.
> I have removed the ss3 project listing and especially the authors listings, as I am unsure what is admissible under the European Privacy regulations.
> We use it at HPI primarily for our students' projects, so these must stay private.

That's fine, though unfortunate since there is likely intersting stuff.

> However, all the public stuff is still public, just not on the front page.

Finding a way to get it listed in response to a #basicAvailablePackages etc would be a bit help. How else are we supposed to find them?

tim
Useful random insult:- Diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas.