[squeak-dev] [Discussion] Tools > "Metacello" and "Git Browser"

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Aug 25 15:25:28 UTC 2019

Has anyone had a chance to look at Morphic-dtl.1506 in the inbox?
I think it resolves most of our concerns, although I do recall some
discussion of earlier attempts to fix this affecting the automated
builds, and I don't know if there is a concern in that regard.

>From the commit message:

   Update the Git Browser entry in Tools menu. Selecting "Git Browser"
   opens a Git Browser. If infrastructure has not previously been installed,
   prompt and show the proposed installation. If the user does not confirm,
   do nothing.

   Also remove the Metacello item from the Tools menu.

   Menu icons are updated in the Tools menu, but note that the the Git
   browser needs to have a #defaultWindowColor in order for colorful windows
   to work as expected. For example, add this in package Squit:

     SquitBrowser>>defaultWindowColor
         ^ (Color r: 0.6 g: 0.7 b: 0.6)

Dave