[squeak-dev] Installing various versions of squeaksource is problematic

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Aug 28 23:37:11 UTC 2019

> On 2019-08-26, at 1:52 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> A) squeaksource3
>> I know Tobias officially abandoned this at the beginning of the year but since there is an entry in squeakmap for it I thought "let's try it". Nothing happened. There was clearly an attempt to find a suitable version for the image I am using (a 5.2-18229 release, and an updated version) but nothing further.
>> I noticed Tobias had pointed out using
>> `Metacello new configuration: 'SqueakSource3';
>> 	load: #('All').`
>
> Yeah, sorry for that.
> This should be
>
> 	Metacello new
> 		configuration: 'SqueakSource';
> 		version: #bleedingEdge;
> 		load: #('All').
>
> But it is probably advisable to have a Seaside with WebServer adaptor installed already.

That very nearly worked, but not quite.

I tried in an image with seaside installed and it actually complained that it was there... so I tried again in a fresh image and things very nearly went smoothly. A great deal of code was loaded but with one complaint notifier-
This package depends on the following classes:
  WARestfulFilter
  WAEmailErrorHandler
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  SSEmailErrorHandler
  SSEmailErrorHandler>>bodyFor:
[snip]
  SSUrlFilter
  SSUrlFilter>>authResponseFor:
[snip]

Of course, I forgot to note which package was making the complaint. Poking around it looks as if the code for SSEmailErrorHandler & SSUrlFilter are in squeaksource.com/squeaksource3/SqueakSource-pmm.1121 - is that where we would expect them to load from? I found WARestfulFilter in http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30Addons/main and it looks (from the ConfgurationOfSeasdide class) as if http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside31/main/Seaside-Email-pmm.26 is supposed to have loaded too.

Running the load process again, the above problem occurs in MCPackageLoader>loadWithNameLike: 'SqueakSource-Core-topa.104' - hope that helps! Just on a whim I tried manually loading SqueakSource-pmm.1121 but it depends on some other REST related stuff and so probably that isn't the right solution.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IA: Illogical And