[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Installer-Core-tpr.434.mcz

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 10:10:06 UTC 2019

On 8/29/19, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 04:15:45PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

>> > That's a good idea.
>>
>> definitely.
>>
>> > And of course there is "Installer openHelpBrowser"
>> > which feeds some basic things into a help browser, and might motivate
>> > us to improve our class and method comments to give the help browser
>> > something more useful to display.
>>
>> For the moment I just set it to put the class comment in a help page. I
>> haven't spotted how to register it so that it automatically appears, nor
>> how to add subclass comments. I'm sure it isn't too hard.

The WebClient might be an example as it shows the API of the classes
in the package.

   #asHelpTopic
is implemented in a custom subclass 'WebClientReference' . It iterates
over the classes.in the package.

This might be one approach. There are others ...

Ideally the installer (or installer help) would also give some
configuration options