[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-mt.1601.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 15:16:05 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

> On Dec 4, 2019, at 6:15 AM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>
> A new version of Morphic was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Morphic-mt.1601.mcz

> Name: Morphic-mt.1601
> Author: mt
> Time: 4 December 2019, 3:14:52.073613 pm
> UUID: 19583b0d-de7d-45e3-bf18-c4b7b2690b47
> Ancestors: Morphic-mt.1600
>
> Proposal: For "implementors of it!" on class bindings or class-var bindings or other global bindings, browse the underlying class of it. For the user's convenience. At the moment, implementors-of-it on such bindings does simply nothing.

+100 for the functionality.  But I would definitely call “browseClass:” something different such as “browseClassOrPoolDefining:”. The binding could be that of a class or of a class/pool variable.  browseClass: isn’t a good name and if it just browses classes that are the values of bindings it isn’t that useful.

The vm contains a number of pools, the largest of which defines the opcodes in the JIT’s abstract machine.  So my WiFi’s is full of bindings other than those that define classes.