[squeak-dev] Squeak and the SoundPlugin in cog VM

Christian Kellermann ckeen at pestilenz.org
Thu Dec 5 19:45:29 UTC 2019

Hi Stéphane!

* Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net> [191205 11:41]:
> > I have written a VM SoundPlugin for OpenBSD's native sound system
> > sndio. Which means that now I have sound in Squeak on this platform.
> > However I am a bit struggling with the sound quality of SampledSound's
> > like in the eToys SoundLibrary. Those produce an echo effect when
> > played and I have been unable to determine the cause. However the
> > Bach fugue Tests sound perfect so I am suspecting some miscalculations
> > in sample data somewhere on the way.
>
> You may try your VM on the muO image available at:
> http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm
> (the direct link is http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/muo/muO347.zip)

I will try it, thanks! It seems the default reverb has been the
cause of my troubles!  I will use your image as a test bench too.
Is there a reason why your modifications haven't made it into the
mainline image?

All the best!

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.