[squeak-dev] Debug It doesn't show context selection...

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 00:41:01 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

    forgive me but I must ask for an urgent fizz.  I've spent a halff hour
playing around and have no idea what I'm doing, hence I'm going to ask
you...

If one does "debug it" then the debugger that opens doesn't show the
context selection (the selection in the method text that shows where
execution is).  I have tried adding #changed: contentsSelection and other
hacks in various places ut so far have got no where.  Hence, please, can
this be fixed?  The issue is that when one needs to do into immediately, if
there's no selection my instinct is to step, which will step past the
point.  I can't make myself remember to deselect and select the method to
update the selection to be visible (nor should one have to).  So please...
best, Eliot