[squeak-dev] Loading Seaside: adding extensions

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Dec 13 23:18:37 UTC 2019

Hi Tobias
(apologies for the delayed response)

> On 2019-12-09, at 11:31 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> That's true. the panel is not in the 'default' group, so when you do a deployment where you control stuff automated, you don't have to load GUI stuff.

It's really more of a Metacello thing I guess, but it's really a bit odd to have a system where no arguments does a default  load of 'most things' (by some developers definition of 'most' etc) and having an argument loads only the argument unless it has dependencies... I suppose it will make sense someday.

> If I had time at hand, I'd fix it.
> I can't help until new year. Please throw something in my general direction when I don't act then :D
>
> Best regards
> 	-Tobias
>

> PS: I might have been the sole seaside-on-squeak maintainer for quite some years but time was too tight in the last two years to keep that up. We need one person to do that kind of stuff, really.

Wow, I had no idea. That really needs addressing. I can try to do some stuff but there's a colossal pile of porting to do for actual-work plus of course all the other stuff. Where did you say you are buying your 36hr days?

tim
Compatible: Gracefully accepts erroneous data from any source.