[squeak-dev] The Inbox: ConfigurationOfScamper-LaurentLaffont.2.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Dec 15 20:27:16 UTC 2019

> On 2019-12-15, at 3:23 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> On 14.12.2019, at 19:12, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On 2019-12-13, at 8:11 PM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>>>
>>> A new version of ConfigurationOfScamper
>>
>> Wow - is somebody caring for Scamper still? Excellent!
>
> I have no idea where that comes from, but have a look here: https://github.com/hpi-swa-teaching/Scamper
> -t

Wholey Khao! It loads with a couple of complaints about assigning to block arguments (naughty-naughty but easily fixed) and a few deprecated warnings. Start up with a few more, so suppress them for now... and it opens google.com. I think it might even be faster than the horrible version of chrome on a Raspberry Pi 3b+. Sure, the layout is a bit squiffy but still. squeak.org looks a touch disordered too. Then again, I think for browsing the swiki it is almost certainly faster than chrome. Hmm, can't edit anything though - I get "Unauthorized for: /squeak/*".

I see a dozen or so Undeclared that need cleaning up. There are complaints about fonts with no kerning table.

But wow. I haven't seen Scamper in years - decades? Cool stuff.

tim
Strange OpCodes: WFL: Wave FLag