[squeak-dev] FileTree initialization [Was πŸŽ„ Merry christmas πŸŽ„]

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 21:50:14 UTC 2019

Hi All,

  Christoph, first off all thank you!! A lovely idea.

Second of all, I notice in
https://github.com/LinqLover/XmasDecorations/blob/master/packages/BaselineOfXmasDecorations.package/BaselineOfXmasDecorations.class/instance/postLoad.st
the following:

scripts
postLoad
(PackageInfo named: #XmasDecorations) classes do: #initialize.
XmasDecorations install.
XmasDecorationsController open.

Is this the default code generated for initializations?  If so, it is very
dangerous, because if a class *doesn't* implement initialize this will end
up running the superclass's initialize, which could be disastrous.

Instead this code should read something like

scripts
postLoad
(PackageInfo named: #XmasDecorations) classes do: [:class| (class class
includesSelector: #initialize.
XmasDecorations install.
XmasDecorationsController open.

--