[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-mt.1287.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Dec 18 11:23:10 UTC 2019

I have no idea how you all read "no access to control-key pressed state anymore" out of my proposal. :-D

This discussion revolves entirely around the result of KeyboardEvent >> #keyCharacter and only around key-character events. No key down. No key up.

1) #isControlKeyPressed is still encoded an event's modifiers
2) There has never been a character event (aka. keystroke) for only hitting the CTRL "character".  You have to handle key down/up events for that.

Best,
Marcel
Am 18.12.2019 11:25:39 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
> In some older games, Ctrl is used as the fire button. If there is no way
> to see Ctrl, such game could not be implemented in Squeak. Or any
> application that wants to map Ctrl to a function.

Exactly. And currently muO does just that, so hiding the Ctrl status
from the image would simply irreversibly break my own tools.

Please do not do that.

Stef