[squeak-dev] BUGs in EToys station regarding source files

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Dec 21 13:11:56 UTC 2019

Steps to reproduce:

  1.  Prepare your Etoys image as described here<http://forum.world.st/ANN-Feature-Freeze-on-Sunday-December-8-2019-td5107714.html>
  2.  Download MorphLayoutArticle.pr<http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/MorphLayoutArticle.pr> and drag it into your image
  3.  Debug the first warning that is documented here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XxlCzenZaUbcIhhorpuji6hvOFzonoXl8ahSwAO7B6I/edit?usp=sharing>:
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yd8AyFFXJF4svT89OYYSgnw2pNQLF7ASiizYYlYeaESdq09aJ4QLzBD3j1gycbUm9jbgQuEJG0t4koDDaVhFFm6v4v_hAY0Xi1bI-HG-_pqQLLYocuVff4hR97SjbePCH-OQ_-qK]

Expected behavior:

The debugger expands and the context is selected in which the warning has been raised.

Actual behavior:

[cid:4e7390e4-9092-4494-a159-9558e5116f95]

The invariant contextSourcePcIndex between: 0 and: context method getSource size is violated.

context method getSource returned:
'notify: t1
Warning signal: t1'
context method is: Object>>#notify: and it is installed!

I also discovered that something with the sources file is wrong in the etoys image. I had never to work with this deprecated mechanism and wonder why it is still used in Etoys.

Just to clarify: The following screenshot has been recorded in a #19282 image after activating etoys station:

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aip76soQXoUr4wdlsxErsaAk_R5ViWAmxcFhjw8-pADOGmO3bGWjL15ygKycX7evwwpoG-_wW1iGCWPqurMd5P066n5sA6DODfg9smnLwZUSA5MghjGt7LCdjuAHBkRvA-PS4HA9]

(Dialog window appeared when pressing the versions button)

However, a regular Trunk image has the following definition:

[cid:b8044c28-5858-4819-bc59-046832a11fad]

Is this desired behavior?

I could fix the current bug in context-dependent styling by limiting contextSourcePcIndex to context method getSource size. But I rather think we have a problem with the sources file here?

Any help or explanations are appreciated!

Best,

Christoph