[squeak-dev] [Newbies] What font do you use in macOS ?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Dec 23 10:31:33 UTC 2019

Hi Nicola :-)

> till now the only modification I made to the shortcuts was the following; to prevent Ctrl-Cmd to open unwanted windows [e.g. Tools ]

Fixed in Morphic-mt.1612.

Best,
Marcel
Am 23.12.2019 01:55:49 schrieb Nicola Mingotti <nmingotti at gmail.com>:

I guess this task is still a bit too advanced for me.

I have new silly and more urgent problems to solve:

1] I restarted with a clean image, try to re-configure it as I like and in the meanwhile document how I am adding the Roboto Mono font. The problem is this time I see red boxes around the font :( [see attached image]

2] When I press backspace many times instead of the expected behavior (cancel previous character) the Tool menu opens. I hate this deeply and I can't figure out where it comes from :(

This happens only on the mac, never saw in the Linux release.

till now the only modification I made to the shortcuts was the following; to prevent Ctrl-Cmd to open unwanted windows [e.g. Tools ] (I use that sequence to move from a desktop to another as: Ctrl+Ctrl+(Left|Right)Arrow) ).
-------------------- DockingBarMorph >> filterEvent: for: -------
"add after line: "
^ aKeyboardEvent ignore "hit!"].

"PART TO ADD "
     "Transcript show: 'keyValue: ', (aKeyboardEvent keyValue) asString; cr. "
     "If it is pressed Ctrl-Cmd, then discard the event."
     "Ctrl -> code: 59. Ctrl+Cmd -> code: 55. Ignore here when Ctrl+Cmd is pressed. "
     aKeyboardEvent keyValue = 55
ifTrue: [^ aKeyboardEvent].

bye
Nicola