[squeak-dev] autoEnclose preference (was: Preference settings for 5.3 release)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 03:41:37 UTC 2019

> It is only the autoEnclose preference that causes problems in
> workspaces,

What "problems" are those?   Just as you see in the subject-line of this
email, for every open-parenthesis, there's a closing, as well as for every
open bracket, a closing.  That's the structure of these characters in every
normal context.  "Problems" arise when they get out of balance, which is
why other editors have this feature too.  IIRC, eclipse was doing it in
2005.

IMO, it's a good thing for developers and users alike.

+1 for autoEnclose being true by default in the release image.   :)

 - Chris