[squeak-dev] [BUG] Smart splitters unstable

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 04:41:08 UTC 2019

Hi Jakob,

Yes, my GraphQL development image has a lot of really long method names
(for its #test... methods), which exposes this glitch in Smart Splitters.
There are a number of specific usability features that were built in to
SS's, one of which is to not steal keyboard focus even when
mouseOverForKeyboard focus is on.  That's may be why, when you moved your
"cursor" (hand) there, they stopped -- if you're using that preference,
they were refusing to steal keyboard focus.

If you're working in a similar image, the best solution is to turn on
Horiztonal Smart Splitters only, and then use yellow-click to optimize your
verticals instead them being automatic.

Best,
  Chris