[squeak-dev] autoEnclose preference

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 14:01:59 UTC 2019

On 24/12/19 9:11 AM, Chris Muller wrote:

> What "problems" are those?   Just as you see in the subject-line of this
> email, for every open-parenthesis, there's a closing, as well as for
> every open bracket, a closing.  That's the structure of these characters
> in every normal context.  "Problems" arise when they get out of balance,
> which is why other editors have this feature too.  IIRC, eclipse was
> doing it in 2005.
One of the problems I face frequently is because autoEnclose inserts a )
when I type ( but does not remove it when I backspace over (. For
instance, I type (teh, realize my typo and backspace over it including
the ( but I am left with a dangling ). I prefer typing cmd-( when I need
matching ().

Regards .. Subbu