[squeak-dev] Help pages need your help

John-Reed Maffeo jrmaffeo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 15:10:29 UTC 2019

As a person who works on multiple OS on a regular basis , I appreciate the
thought that went into the decision to provide a non-specific definition of
the mouse buttons. The fact that there is an option to swap mouse buttons
speaks to the need to document mouse buttons in a non-specific way. There
are still a variety of mouse designs which provide more or less buttons and
balls instead of scroll wheels, using the colors ensures that documentation
provides a correct definition if a person has reprogrammed their mouse
because the are left handed or live in the Southern hemisphere or work on a
computer who's developers chose to think differently.

Check out SensorReporter on the wiki for tool that helps to identify mouse
and significant key board buttons.

-jrm

--
John-Reed Maffeo