[squeak-dev] Preference settings for 5.3 release

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 22:05:48 UTC 2019

Well, you can, of course, just codify it.  Here's my
MyInstaller>>#configure, which I call from its class-side #initialize.
Feel free to copy and tweak as you please.

By using a hierarchy of Installers, each automatically configures the code
AND Preferences appropriately for that context.

Installer
  MaInstaller                   "generic framework stuff, very few
preference settings"
    MaCommercialInst     "Proprietary, some options set"
       CmmInstaller           "Personal. Many preferences, my fully custom
IDE"

It's a nice setup, indeed.  :)

 - Chris