[squeak-dev] The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-tpr.98.mcz

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sun Dec 29 15:46:45 UTC 2019

Am So., 29. Dez. 2019 um 16:11 Uhr schrieb Eliot Miranda <
eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

> One issue is that while the container is ideal for saving files (an mcz is
> a zip file), a package is not its container.  I suppose that if we evolved
> PackageInfo to include an optional directory (just one to start with, but
> make it a one element sequence for subsequent extensibility) and file
> manifest/patterns for the files therein, it would be a step in the right
> direction, one that would require us to improve the file dialog to allow
> picking directories and files to be included.  But a commit diff for files
> and directories is a big job. I don’t have time to participate but I’d love
> to see this.

Another thing I did differently in Squot than in Monticello is to not make
packages the containers of everything and shapers of versions. Rather I
treat a package as a package of code that can be tracked, among other
objects. So you add a package to a working copy, rather than creating a
working copy for each package.