[squeak-dev] Do I really have to configure the inbox repository for each single package?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 04:18:10 UTC 2019

> Alright. It would be great to have a button or a method to enter my
> credentials once for all packages ...

+1 and would recommend the interface write the ./prefs/mcSettings file.  MC
currently reads this file, if present, so you never have to enter
credentials again, and keeps the sensitive parts out of the saved image
memory.  You can create the file manually now, and you'll and never have to
deal with it again, but we should be more welcoming to new users, there's
nothing to tell them its there...

> > While we're discussing repositories, I think it's about time we changed the
> default urls from http to https for everything hosted on source.squeak.org
> .

The other thing we need:  when the updateURL is changed to trunk, it needs
to somehow re-order all the Packages repositori lists to put /trunk first,
BELOW /squeak53, so that revisions will work...   Currently, it has to be
done manually for each package...

 - Chris