[squeak-dev] Lost image - any suggestions?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Feb 22 00:13:50 UTC 2019

> On 2019-02-21, at 4:04 PM, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I've done this enough times that I think you can take a copy of your current
> changes file & a new squeak image, move them to a separate directory, rename
> the image file to match the changes file, then open the image file,  and see
> all of your changes since the beginning of time with the "Recover changes"
> command.

I'd advise against that approach because you are going to
a) start adding any changes to the end of that changes file
b) potentially have problems  if the image tries to look into what it expects to see as method code.

Simplest is to use the FileBrowser to find the relevant changes file, click on it, note the 'recent changes' button that should appear and choose the date to start scanning from out of the list that should popup. Safe, clean, fast.

tim
Strange OpCodes: LA: Lockout Access