[squeak-dev] Theme colours (was Re: [Please Review] Some updates for resize grips)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 7 18:17:32 UTC 2019

> On 2019-01-07, at 7:28 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi, there.
>
> I would place #stronger: into the UserInterfaceTheme since the color cannot know about #isDark or similar theme abstractions.

Exactly. We may need some subclasses of Theme to do all the things people want, but hey, that's what Smalltalk is all about, right?
An algorithmic theme would derive related colours by some rule; could be as simple as having a #strongerSelector and #gentlerSelector to send to the currently important colour. Could be a block? Could derive colours from time-of-day to gently move from daylight style to night style.
A listing theme might have a list of colours and #stronger goes up the list, #gentler goes down.
A random theme might cause fits in flash sensitive people. Let's avoid that.

tim
Useful random insult:- Moves his lips to pretend he's reading.