[squeak-dev] Refactoring browser loading

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 16 20:21:15 UTC 2019

Trying the SqueakMap approach hasn't been much more successful; after allowing for not-yet-updated packages, I see several 'RefactoringBrowser xxx' entries, all very old. A 'Refactoring Tools' entry looks more interesting (though confusing name differences can make using searches such fun, always worth trying to remember) and starts to load.

But then it fails because SMSqueakMp>>loadFullFrom: tries to fetch some zipped data and didn't check the returned info - which in this case is a 504 error notification. Oops...
Restarting the method seems to make it happier... twiddle, twiddle, ooh, could not access 'http://www.squeaksource.com/rb' in MCHttpRepository>>#httpGet:arguments: Restart *that* and continue...

Eventually it does install, so yay. Minus several important points for problems loading. And minus more points for the incorrect 'loading' advice and uninformative notes on the original page. A very quick and 'uninformed user' test suggests that it seems to work once loaded. So, also yay.

tim
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere... so long as the tape drives work I'm ok....