[squeak-dev] Refactoring browser loading

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:45:41 UTC 2019

Hi Tim,

> Trying the SqueakMap approach hasn't been much more successful;

RefactoringTools on SqueakMap works.

> after allowing for not-yet-updated packages,

The default filter shipped in a 5.2 image allows you to see what is
updated and working at a 5.2 level.

>  I see several 'RefactoringBrowser xxx' entries, all very old. A 'Refactoring Tools' entry looks more interesting (though confusing name differences can make using searches such fun, always worth trying to remember)

Right, and also worth remembering that this is simply the result of it
being a model of Squeak's history.  Turn back on the filter and all
that "old" noise will go away.

> and starts to load.
>
> But then it fails because SMSqueakMp>>loadFullFrom: tries to fetch some zipped data and didn't check the returned info - which in this case is a 504 error notification. Oops...
> Restarting the method seems to make it happier... twiddle, twiddle, ooh, could not access 'http://www.squeaksource.com/rb' in MCHttpRepository>>#httpGet:arguments: Restart *that* and continue...

The server is running on a very old version of Squeak and interpreter
image.  The server code won't even compile on modern Squeak (Hannes
made an update which could possibly get around it but...) I am working
on replacing it with a GraphQL service, so we can have really rich
clients that can properly *showcase* the entries as a proper App-store
experience.

> Eventually it does install, so yay.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience, Tim.