[squeak-dev] Wrong method source pointer in Squeak5.2

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jan 21 13:00:04 UTC 2019

Hi, there.

Please find attached a changeset that fixes the process-restart issue in the release-building "process". :-)

1) long-living processes restarted in #cleanUp

[NEW] the timer interrupt watcher (see Delay)

2) short-living processes restarted in #startUp

[OK] the user interrupt watcher (see EventSensor)
[OK] the event tickler (see EventSensor)
[OK] the WeakArray finalization process (see WeakArray)

[OK] the low space watcher (see ProcessorScheduler)
[UPDATED] the idle process (see ProcessorScheduler)

3) extra, explicit restart in ReleaseBuilder (might be duplicate due to #cleanUp):

[NEW] the timer interrupt watcher (see ReleaseBuilder class >> #prepareProcesses)
[NEW] the UI process (see ReleaseBuilder class >> #saveAndQuit)

@Fabio: For our squeak-app we might want to adapt line 76 in https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app/blob/squeak-trunk/prepare_image.st [https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app/blob/squeak-trunk/prepare_image.st] to call "ReleaseBuilder saveAndQuit" or similar like lines 60 to 63.

Best,
Marcel