[squeak-dev] Howto use Nebraska properly?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 10:15:41 UTC 2019

What is broken is the draw of things in Objexts Flap and also in Objects of
the world menu.
Philip:

Nebraska still works
You need two Squeak .image in same or different computer.
Open a Workspace

NebraskaListenerMorph new open in one .image and click the cirlce, you
should see the antennas raise.
In another .image do
NebraskaSenderMorph
    new
    userName: 'Me'
    userPicture: nil
    userEmail: 'some at address.net'
    userIPAddress: '1.2.3.4';
    position: 200 at 200;
    open

>From Supplies Flap drag a Star over the question mark picture.
You should listen a noise and a Star should show in the target .image.

Note:
Seems inconsistent examples coming of Etoys in trunk , classes names remains
as always

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 27/01/2019, 04:15, "Philip Bernhart" <philip.bernhart at posteo.de> wrote:

> Hello,

I simply found Nebraska and by Hand opened a Nebraska Server
on my
> local machine just to test screen sharing capabilities of
squeak.

But... I
> couldn't find out of how to connect a client to that server.
After I went down
> the rabbit hole for two hours, I still don't know
of how to connect a
> different squeak image to the server.

I looked into the Nebraska entry in the
https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1356 and was still puzzled as it seems
> reference times long gone.

So how to use that thing or is it broken beyond
> repair?

Thanks,
Philip