[squeak-dev] HttpClient is intended to be used for...

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 30 22:51:27 UTC 2019

> On 2019-01-30, at 2:42 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>

>> On 2019-01-21, at 1:25 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What is the background information for this?
>
> HTTPClient appears to be essentially dead, which means I'd like to remove it and avoid the cognitive load of having pointless stuff in the image that can trap the unwary.
>
> So far as I can tell it was a wrapper for sockets that might be actual sockets of browser-plugin-pseudo-socket-things; since we can't run in a browser any more it has no real purpose. Unless I'm wrong about the browser thing, we could clean out some cruft and simplify our socket story a bit.

I can find some connection to checking for browser plugin stuff in just three VM files;
sqMacNSPluginUILogic.c
sqUnixMozilla.c
sqWin32PluginSupport.c
Are any of these current, usable, useful?

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 4) "This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual G5 processors if I am to do battle with  this code!"