[squeak-dev] TextMorphForEditView calls #textEdited: after every cmd action

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at outlook.de
Fri Jul 19 14:57:04 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your reply. Do you really think checking the stack would not violate any law of modularity, intuitive interfaces and low coupling?

But what is the problem with #hasUnacceptedEdits:? Why would you change this in PluggableTextMorph? I added an instvar hasUnacceptedEditsSinceKeystroke to the TextMorphForEditView, set it to true in #hasUnacceptedEdits: if aBoolean is true and set it to false in #keyStroke: immediately before calling super keyStroke. At first glance, I could not find any wrong behavior.

keyStroke: evt
| view |

editView deleteBalloon.
self editor model: editView model.  "For evaluateSelection"
view := editView.  "Copy into temp for case of a self-mutating doit"
(acceptOnCR and: [evt keyCharacter = Character cr])
 ifTrue: [^ self editor accept].
hasUnacceptedEditsSinceKeystroke := false.
super keyStroke: evt.
view scrollSelectionIntoView.

(self readOnly not and: hasUnacceptedEditsSinceKeystroke)
 ifTrue: [view textEdited: self contents]

hasUnacceptedEdits: aBoolean
"Set the hasUnacceptedEdits flag in my view."

aBoolean ifTrue: [hasUnacceptedEditsSinceKeystroke := true].
editView hasUnacceptedEdits: aBoolean

Best,
Christoph