[squeak-dev] LargeInteger parsing (?) broken between 5.2b and update 18615

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jul 21 18:33:38 UTC 2019

> On 2019-07-20, at 10:29 AM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
>
> Also, you have to click on Through to be able to debug #method:context:. Over will just execute that block without the debugger entering it.

D'oh. Serves me right for committing Debugging Before Caffeination. Now I get down to Parser>>method:context: and hit the problem in the 'self statements:#() innerBlock: doit' line. Quit, restart, redo...

> Btw, I remember running into an error related to LargeInteger parsing, but a updating my image fixed it. What's the version of Kernel in your image?

1246 in my current-working image but 1240 in the vanilla update #18615 image I also tested.

I'll dig deeper as time permits but the one really clear problem here is that there is no response to cmd-., a horrible thing that we must always fight to prevent. I know it can happen when the VM is having a hard time trying to write out a debug stack trace etc but I don't think I've ever known that to exceed several minutes, so my guess is this is not one of those cases.

tim
Strange OpCodes: RLB: Ruin Logic Board