[squeak-dev] Squeak interface to microsoft app automation?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 24 21:24:33 UTC 2019

> On 2019-07-24, at 1:58 PM, Jakob Reschke <forums.jakob at resfarm.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> What specifically are you looking for?

Ultimately nothing more than a way to extract text etc from Word docs or PDFs, that sort of thing; tables from spreadsheets too I guess.
VW has a whole COM/OLE system that certainly can be used to do the job, but simpler paths to the same end would be just fine by me.

> The reference of a particular technology? An existing Squeak binding to any of them? Some guides that help to choose a tool to achieve a goal you have in mind?

All of the above really; I haven't paid any attention to what microsoft does with stuff for a very long time so I don't even really know good search terms right now. Is COM still the thing or have they come up with some other acronym? Is there a completely different mechanism out there? Is there anything that might even be cross platform? Something chocolate favoured?

tim
Meets quality standards: It compiles without errors.