[squeak-dev] Successfully invoking Lua from Squeak using OSProcess Command shell. Also PetitParser? or other?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Jul 25 16:38:12 UTC 2019

Thought I would share this,as its pretty cool:

CommandShell command:  'lua -l BananasArgs -e ''p = require("BananasArgs") frame = {} frame["args"] = {"Fred", bananas=5, cherries=2} print(p.has_fruit(frame))'' | inspect; exit'

Where BananasArgs is from Wikimedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Module:BananasArgs

I am considering writing a Wikitext parser using Squeak.

A prerequisite is that I be able to invoke Lua code "Modules" in wikimedia parlance.  After some poking around, that requirement appears feasable...also, its pretty cool to be able to do that from Squeak. Big smiles (:

So with that proved, I need a Parser to parse Wikitext.

Any recommendations? PetitParser looks pretty cool but I haven't tried to load it into Squeak yet.

Does Squeak Scanner or something else seem viable to you?

Thanks in advance.