[squeak-dev] My pending contributions

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 19:53:18 UTC 2019

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the submissions.  One consistent pattern I've noticed about this
community is that it tends to slow down during the northern-hemisphere
summer.  As far as process, you got it exactly right.  A trunk committer
will review them and either commit them to trunk or propose a change.
After a few iterations of this, board will vote you to have trunk access
directly, but it's still recommended to start out enhancements in the Inbox
first.

In addition to reviewing code, what I generally like to do is put "time" to
work _for_ me, by loading people's Inbox submissions into my image and just
running and doing development with them for a while.  This tends to
exercise the usability and also expose possible corner cases.  It also
ensures they won't get "forgotten" before the next Squeak release, because
they're marked a dirty package in the Monticello browser.

I'm sure someone will review them pretty soon.  Thanks and welcome to the
community.

 - Chris