[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-ct.827.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jun 1 00:47:22 UTC 2019

Hi Chris,

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 04:53:41PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> It would be preferable to move #joinSeparatedBy: to Collection than
> increase the existing API with a new, differently-named method that
> does the same thing.
>
> Just in case you weren't aware -- if its the same implementation and
> you wish to preserve original author and timestamp information
> (recommended), you can use drag-and-drop to move the method!   Open
> two windows side-by-side, one on Collection, the other on
> SequenceableCollection.   Select joinSeparatedBy: and drag it to that
> category in Collection.  Done.  No new tests needed either, since they
> already exist.

Thanks for that tip. Sometimes I'm amazed by my own ignorance. For years,
I have been in the habit of preserving timestamp information by filing
something out, editing the fileout file with a unix vi editor to hack
it to the new destination class/category, and then filing it back in.

Boy am I dumb :-)

Thanks,
Dave