[squeak-dev] OSProcess and CommandShell available on GitHub for Pharo users

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Mon Jun 3 16:52:41 UTC 2019

Hi David,
(only to Squeak since I'm not subscribed to Pharo)

Just two notes:

I hope that either you don't have any crucial merges in your Monticello
histories or that the git-migration tool does preserve them by now (but
AFAIK it does not, it linearizes history). Nicolas Cellier can tell you the
story what's wrong with that. You might want to check if it creates any
issues in your opinion.

Squot does not have its own output format. It does add some hidden files,
but if you store only code + non-Smalltalk files, it can often live without
them. So any FileTree or Tonel Git repository (preferably with proper
history) suffices.

Best regards,
Jakob