[squeak-dev] Fonts for Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 6 03:44:04 UTC 2019

> On 2019-06-05, at 12:41 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> On 05.06.2019, at 21:13, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>> During some discussing stuff with Subbu it was pointed out that we have (had) a broken Comics Sans font in the image and that it wasn't licensed etc.
>>
>> I noticed fonts.google.com and would like to ask if anyone is interested in doing some work to choose a few nice fonts and incorporate them for the next release. Perhaps better yet would be a tool to find/list/import them from that site etc.
>
> If it's precisely about comic sans replacement:

Not solely, but I do rather like Comic Sans.

> 	Comic Jens 	https://www.kutilek.de/comic-jens/free
> 	Comic Neue	http://comicneue.com/

...and these are nice replacements.

> Apart from that, the Fira Fonts (https://github.com/bBoxType/FiraSans or https://github.com/bBoxType/FiraGO/ ) are absolutely gorgeous.

Yup.

We *can* import the Fira ttf files and display them (a bit fuzzy etc), but attempting to edit is v   e    r           r      y       s   l   o w.

Time for some fixes! SqueakHackers Assemble!

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Raptus regaliter = Royally screwed