[squeak-dev] Removal of Web Browser Support in FileStream

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue May 7 20:44:43 UTC 2019

For a moment I wondered whether it would be worth trying to move these
methods (along with the others associated with In-Browser support)
into their own package which could be externally loaded back in to a
recent Squeak to enable running in Browser again.  But I couldn't
think of a single useful use-case why anyone would want to, plus
perhaps it's not supported by modern VM's anyway:

   StandardFileStream privateCheckForBrowserPrimitives      "false"

Deprecation seems to be the right track for these methods.