[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-cmm.1228.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu May 9 06:37:51 UTC 2019

Hi Subbu,

here, regular message sends are more flexible than using #isKindOf: (or #includesBehavior:). Any class in the hierarchy can choose to answer to "is*" messages. That's not that easy with #isKindOf:, which depends on the subclass structure, which is hard to "fake" for a specific instance. I suppose that overriding #isKindOf: would be possible but troublesome...

Here is more on this topic:
http://forum.world.st/isKindOf-in-Morphic-code-tp4904890p4904965.html [http://forum.world.st/isKindOf-in-Morphic-code-tp4904890p4904965.html]
http://forum.world.st/isKindOf-in-Morphic-code-tp4904890p4904935.html [http://forum.world.st/isKindOf-in-Morphic-code-tp4904890p4904935.html]

Best,