[squeak-dev] visibility of our site

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Fri May 10 22:32:05 UTC 2019

On Fri, 10 May 2019, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> I find our https://squeak.org squeak site very good!
>
> But for loading a 5.2 image, I just googled "squeak smalltalk download", and were offered the possibility to download 3.8, 3.7 or all sorts of outdated stuff, but I didn't see our site anywhere near the top answers...
>
> Isn't there something we can do to improve that?

It google seems to have simply "deindexed" the site. Other search
engines find the content just fine, but google won't find anything from
the squeak.org domain even if you specify site:squeak.org. Subdomains are
still indexed by google.

Assuming no one has registered the site on google's search console[1], a
trusted person could try to add the site as their own (requires
coordination with the web/box admins team) and see if it can be added to
the index again.

Levente

[1] https://search.google.com/search-console/about