[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-mt.1065.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue May 14 12:47:51 UTC 2019

Well, it started with cleaning up the mix of direct access to "environment" and sends of #environmentAt:. I discovered an error in #itemEnvironment:, which assumed a non-existent #environmentAt:put:. Then, ModifiedClassDefinitionEvent was the only event class with much access to the "item" inst-var, which I replaced with #item. However, I wasn't sure whether #itemClass would not fit better in tthis case. Yet, the whole "item*" concept in AbstractEvent is kind of tricky for #itemClass. One might wrongly assume the class *of* the item in the event, which would be the meta-class for class-changed events. Sigh. See AbstractEvent >> #environmentAt:.

I did not add accessors #environment and #environment: because of Squeak's class environments and Object >> #environment.

Best,
Marcel
Am 14.05.2019 12:18:37 schrieb Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu>:
On Tue, 14 May 2019, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-mt.1065.mcz
>
> - Reduce the nunmber of inst-var references.

Why?

Levente