[squeak-dev] Running Squeak fro ma unix shell script file with #! squeak...

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Mon May 20 23:59:04 UTC 2019

I agree with what you’re saying. I just did the obvious. I moved the squeak script (as in your post) manually to be /usr/bin/squeak.
I moved the /squeak/5.0-2018…snip to /usr/bin/lib/squeak/5.0-2018…snip. Works now. (Probably a bit wrong, but I’ll take it.)
I figured Ian’s script was doing something simpler than I supposed. Now $squeak [ -help | -version ] works as expected.
I kept bouncing off a error: "Could not determine platform's libc path for VM.” I googled it, found Pharo’s had a question about their PharoLauncher on Ubuntu about a year ago. [1] I just kept reading the error until it and I agreed on where I was putting things.
As a closer, I’ll say that the squeak script only exists in the All-In-One. In the Linux specific download you get squeak.sh, which I don’t suppose is a candidate to put in /usr/bin/. You’d think it might be the other way around.
I’ll try some shebang scripts tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris

[1] http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-PharoLauncher-on-Ubuntu-18-04-64-bit-td5078117.html