[squeak-dev] When did it become a good idea for selected text to be enclosed by () instead of replaced by 9 ?

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Nov 6 07:55:19 UTC 2019

Even with respect to the qwerty layout, I would still expect that I have to press Shift + 9 to enclose the selection with brackets ... It's just inconsistent that 8 and 9 behave so totally different. In particular, I am referring to the numeric keypad, where no keyboard layout (I am aware of) has a bracket printed above the 9.

Best,

Christoph