[squeak-dev] workspace issue

David Duke duke.j.david at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 16:28:22 UTC 2019

Hello,
I'm having an unusual problem with my workspaces. I'musing
Squeak 5.2 on a windows machine.

If I enter an expression in a workspace  and then 'print it' all
works fine

However if I try to preform an action, e.g.

Transcript show: 'hello'
or
'x:= 1'
in the workspace and then 'do it' either by
Alt -d  or by menu action.
I get an exception
Message not Understood Undefinedbject >># selectionInterval

The rot seems to be Parser>>variable

My hunch is that one of the methods was getting an ill-defied interval
i.e (lo to: hi) with lo >=hi,
but I have not been able to confirm this in all cases.

I haven't seen any similar reports, so I suspect its not a system issue.
Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

thanks,
David