[squeak-dev] The Trunk: EToys-mt.368.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 23:00:49 UTC 2019

Hi Christoph,

> I always hesitate to put different changes together into one commit,

You're right to keep "different changes" in separate commits, and I did not
suggest to put different changes into one commit.  A fix is not really a
change.

> as you can only accept or reject it atomarily, making it hard to revert
> only one of the changes ...

Mmmm, not true.  There's no way to reject any specific ancestor without
branching.  Even if it were, the best and easiest way to "revert" a
meaningful subset of behavior that way is if the ancestry were clean and
delineated.  With a bunch of dust-sized improvements in the list, you have
to wade through a bunch of (non)changes that never needed explaining in the
first place.

Best,
  Chris